People who learn English all desire to have the voice like reporters of BBC or CNN programs. However, in order to have a great voice like that, reporters really tried hard to practice.
Here are some small secrets to improve your English speaking skill and pronunciation:
1. You should watch the movement of the mouth of well-speaking English people such as reporters or actors while you are watching TV. Then, repeat what they speak. Not only imitate the words but also try to imitate their intonation. Pay attention to their voices when they lower the voice or when they higher the voice. You can watch programs on some channels in which reporters have a perfect voice such as BBC, CNN, HBO… Before you learn intonation correctly, you should try to speak slowly and specifically. If you speak too fast, you may pronounce wrongly or speak in the wrong intonation. These reasons make native English speakers have difficulty understanding what you say. You don’t worry about the listener’s patience in listening to you because the more important thing is they have to understand what you want to express. You should listen to English chat songs because singing is a way to practice intonation effectively! Using dictionary. You should familiarize the symbols of pronunciation in a dictionary and try to practice in this way. This is self-study useful way. You can make a list including the words that you’re hard to pronounce, then ask a native English speaker to help you pronounce these words. If you can’t remember how to pronounce these words exactly, you can record how to pronounce them correctly, listen, and practice a lot until you pronounce them correctly. When you become proficient, you can both listen and speak at the same time.
2. You should buy the books that train the speaking skill with CD following. Except for normal method of studying with these books, you can speak a section in a book, record your speaking voice, then compare your voice with the voice in CD of that book.
3. You should try to practice speaking the ending sound. You pay attention to the words that ended by “s, d, t, p…” Practice in this way will help you improve your muscle of mouth when you speak English.
4. Spend 15-20 minutes per day to practice English pronunciation by speaking loudly English words, sentences, paragraphs. Research indicates that if you frequently practice for 3 months, the mouth muscle will develop suitably for speaking in a new language. Record your speaking voice and listen again to what you pronounce wrongly. People hate to listen again what they said and tend to avoid listening to what they speak. However, this is a practice way that is quite important because by this way you can recognize your mistakes that you have often made.
5. Being patient. By only being patient in the practice, you can improve your ability to speak.
There is an idiom: “Patience and time run through the longest day“. Therefore, you should spend a little time and effort every day in the English Chat Room to practice chatting and speaking English to be able to speak as well as English local people.
i need to speak a fluent english
I think you need to practise YOUR English.
It is appalling. If you are supposed to be helping students improve their skills, you would do better by going back to the drawing board yourself …
You always use incorrect words and grammatical forms.
Your site needs to be taken down.
It has been reported to the British Council who will be in touch.
Learning how to speak is not far from learning how to listen. Actually, it takes a long time and much training. Hover, practiceis the only way to master speaking.
hi dears , i sallr and new
yes you are completly right , when i saw my last post i found errors , i am not so weak and try to practice a little more and be better